Thursday, May 21, 2009

X: Clarke II


Sitting around with Clarke drinking beers last night in his kitchen, here’s the story he tells me:

“I was in Hung’s waiting for a pizza yesterday. This girl came over and stood beside me. She told me that, ‘If you accept Jesus as your personal saviour your name will be written in the book of life in the kingdom of heaven by the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.’

“So I told her, ‘Fuck yeah, I want to be part of that.’”

I smiled at Clarke, and laughed quietly through my nose.

He laughed hard, repeating the punch-line to himself.

Then I asked him, “Do you have any other poems? I really enjoyed the last one.”

“Sure,” he says, and hands me a piece of paper.

It was too obscene to reproduce here. Unless you're as interested in his poems as I am, in which case I could post it.

He also gave me an old cigarette lighter of his with a picture of Marilyn Munroe on it.

1 comment:

rockellea said...

Please do... share the poem...