Thursday, November 5, 2009

LXIII: Mr. Hung III


“You know bananas are going extinct,” said Mr. Hung at work yesterday. We were working on a big order.

“What are you talking about?”

“Yeah. We’ve been genetically altering them so much that they’re just going to disappear.”

I was silent for a long time, watching Mr. Hung grate cheese as I chopped onions. “That’s amazing.”

He looked at me. “Yeah.”

“Oh man, I can’t believe that.” I stopped chopping and stared out the kitchen window. “Bananas? Crazy.”

Mr. Hung chuckled. "I thought you'd like that."

After work I delivered ten bagged meals to the Lions club.

2 comments:

Wazzy D. said...

You are absolutely right. The cavendish is going extinct due to disease. Will you mourn the cavendish? That's just bananas!

s$s said...

I'm glad you followed the link.

I was crushed to find The Boss was incorrect.