Sunday, November 1, 2009

LXI: The Announcement I


Clarke, Mrs. Scurfield, Susan, Birdie, and Mr. Hung; everyone was assembled in my living room for the party, drinks in hand. Standing alone in the corner I cleared my throat. “I have an announcement.” The room got quiet.

“No kidding,” said Clarke.

“I’m done with the Trees. No more obsessing. I’ve decided.” I shifted my feet.

“What?” asked Susan.

“I just think I can’t let my life revolve around them anymore.”

“No,” said Mrs. Scurfield.

“No?”

“No.”

“Whadda you mean?”

“I mean, No, you can’t be ‘done’ with them.”

“Yeah,” said Birdie, “I don’t like this.”

I was shocked. Mr. Hung looked amused.

2 comments:

Wazzy D. said...

haha... My sentiments exactly. You're not allowed to be done with the trees, Matthew.

I'm still reading this blog every time and I'm still enjoying it!

s$s said...

Hey, thanks Mr. D.

And don't worry. I'm not done with them. My friends won't let me be.