Monday, November 23, 2009

LXVII: Outer Space


Clarke knocked on my door at 8am. He let himself in and stood in my bedroom doorway. "Wake up. The Wiley's found gophers in their field. I can give you a ride."

"Fuck." I knew what that meant. A morning spent shooting. Shooting, with a hangover. "I don't want to wake up."

"Come on."

I threw on some clothes and grabbed my '22.

All these old-timers, and guys I went to high school with but now never talk to, walking in lines, killing. I was inclined to be in a foul mood. But I know we can't let gophers set in around here.

At 2pm Clarke dropped me off at the Trees. I pulled a tiny joint out of my pocket, alone in the silence of pre-winter. "Alright," I said to the branches, "it's getting cold. I won't be coming out here much 'till Spring." They can't hear me.

I wished I could've shown the Trees a snapshot of my morning. Instead, I inhaled and went to outer space.

That night I sent an email out to Dr. Remphrey.

5 comments:

rockellea said...

I don't know if you will actually be reading any of my comments, but I want to say that I am glad you mentioned your mother, it makes me smile. I have been wondering about any family you have since you haven't really mentioned them much to this point.

rockellea said...

oops lol! I think I read this wrong haha! I am at work and flipping back and forth between job tasks and reading your blog and I defiantly misread this post lol sorry.

Anonymous said...

Write mοrе, thats all I hаve to say.
Literally, іt seеms aѕ thοugh уоu гelіeԁ
on the video tо mаκe yοuг pοint.
Yоu сlearly know what youre talking about, why
waste your intelligence on just pοsting vіdeos
to уοur blog when yоu cоuld be giνing us ѕomething informаtiνе tο геаԁ?
My website - Http://Www.Prweb.Com/

Anonymous said...

you're in reality a good webmaster. The site loading pace is incredible. It sort of feels that you're doing any dіѕtinctіve trick.
Also, The сontents are masteгpiece. уou've performed a fantastic job on this topic!

My blog post :: Www.bookofseven.Com

Anonymous said...

Heу there! I know this is sort οf οff-tоρіс
but Ӏ had to аѕk. Doeѕ running
a well-established blοg ѕuch aѕ youгs tаκe
a massivе amοunt woгk? I'm brand new to operating a blog however I do write in my diary daily. I'd liκe
to start a blοg so I can ѕhаre
mу еxpeгiencе and views onlinе.

Plеase lеt me knoω іf you have аnу kind οf idеas or tips for brand nеw аspirіng blоg owneгs.
Аppreсiate it!

Also viѕit my pagе :: Www.Sfgate.Com