Thursday, August 6, 2009

XXX: The Way


I had a vision.

The sky was blackening in my painted-bright community. I was a man with disproportionately large features. 7 feet tall, but in way that in photographs made me look like a short man enlarged.

I could run so much faster than everyone. I saw above the world, like an emerging airplane. And I was smarter.

No one knew where I was from: Hafford, Hawaii, or Ho Chi Minh.

Finally, Clarke appeared -but looked different. He warned me, “Don’t spread the wisdom. If you’ve wasted your life, at least you can still brush your teeth without looking away. You figured out how to beat them, and you did beat them. And that is the end."

The Trees. I think I've found a way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you’ve wasted your life, at least you can still brush your teeth without looking away.

awesome

Anonymous said...

hey mathew my names breanne and i just red your blog on the crooked trees in hafford. man i was hooked on your writing. i love to write too. hey you ever get that thesis cuz i would love to be able to read it if you could tell me how to get it. wow i mean seriously man it was awsome and can't wait to read more.

s$s said...

Breanne:
I welcome you wholeheartedly to the blog. Thanks for all the kind words.

I'll be writing about Shaw's paper in the days/weeks to come, if I find anything of interest. Though I have not read it yet. The U of M tells me I can probably find the thesis at Library and Archives Canada, online. Otherwise I have to ask for an inter-library loan. So we'll see.

Forrest:
Thanks for being such an active reader. Seriously.