Saturday, August 22, 2009

XXXV: Susan III


I'm nursing my third Guiness, with two Dabs and a shot of Crown Royal also spinning around down there. Susan came over earlier and said, "why don't you get drunk, and I'll make you supper." She had 4 Guiness in one hand, and a grocery bag and some white wine in the other.

That girl wants to marry me. I'm sure of it.

I'll bet you anything I'm having sex tonight.

I probably shouldn't write that.

Susan put on Veckatimest. "I love this song," she said as 'Ready, Able' came on. Thank God for downloaded music. Album of the summer.

6 comments:

Boyda said...

Hmm, Grizzly Bear is gone... She found this post, didn't she, and didn't like your foreknowledge of sex? Or it just wasn't good?

Eep, I probably shouldn't write that. I'll probably regret...pressing....

s$s said...

umm, no comment.

Boyda said...

(I hope that wasn't offensive or anything! But I do wonder why you changed the post, as I rather liked it. Though this is good too.)

s$s said...

Ha. No, don't worry. I've been trying to cut as much fat off these posts as possible, and it felt redundant to make a joke out of...

But you liked it. And that does weigh into my consideration.

Ha. Now whoever reads this will be curious what the post originally looked like -until I decided to revise it.

So... here you go:

Boyda said...

Oh, thank you. I do enjoy having a soundtrack to the post.

I sort of feel like a meddler.

s$s said...

I like meddling. And you're a good person to have doing it.

I've realized that I don't want this blog to be fragile. I'm trying to let it be art, but not the kind of art which is isolated and untouchable. I refuse to hold it in reverence. I think that approach is born out of pride, and I try to resist it within myself.

I'm just a guy in small-town Saskatchewan blogging about my life-consuming obsession (and taking a few liberties in the telling of my little life stories). I want to always keep that in perspective.

If that makes sense.

So, what I'm saying is, Thanks for reading so actively. It helped. It really did.